Wedding season has been well and truly upon us for a number of months now, and it doesn't seem to want to cease. It's becoming increasingly frustrating informing endless customers that we don't actually carry wedding outfits, watching their faces fall and then pack up their things and leave. It's not a personal thing; we just don't sell it. We're eveningwear specialists for a reason. We sell eveningwear.
So, with all these bedraggled customers marching their way out of our door, we haven't been getting the normal amount of custom. This means that it's even more soul-tearing to sit here all day during the week and direct people away to other shops which might suit their tastes and needs.
We should do an appointment system. That would sort out the wheat from the chaff. Get rid of all those unwanted "wedding enquirers" and allow the people who actually need an evening gown to come and get one.
Having attended my friends wedding this weekend, I know the strain of finding a wedding outfit - I can empathise with the customers, although only to a certain extent. I'm younger and thus have more pick of the bunch when it comes to outfits. I'm not limited to a tailored suit with a matching hat just yet. Plus, I was able to order my dress in specially - one of the perks of the job.
Plus I've already recieved my outfit for the next friends wedding I'm going to - and I bought the handbag already on quite a whim. I was perusing the fascinator section of Debenhams (a past-time of mine) and I spotted the exact colour of my dress in handbag form. Now, I'm not usually one for matching, but it was such a perfect match and so cheap that I couldn't resist.
I spoke to my brother about it whilst making chit-chat, and he pointedly said - "Why don't you sell wedding outfits, then?" to which I had no reply. We've discussed bringing in wedding outfits, but don't really know if it's a market we actually want to go into. There's only so much tailoring I can take.
Anyways. The shop is morbidly depressing. The sunshine is glorious, which makes me worried about the meatloaf that I have sitting in the back of my car, which was supposed to be thawing but might end up cooking instead. At least that'll save time later on. Apparently some man on the radio has confirmed that his temperature gauge read 33 degrees Celcius only five minutes ago. How amazing! I think tonight might call for another sunlit stroll along the beach. Luckily, my Significant Other lives in a penthouse on the beach, which makes it easy access to the beach and carnival, circus, etc. Might have another go on the waltzers. Did that the other night whilst waiting for my dinner table to open up in the restaurant we were going to before the cinema showing. On the waltzers, I managed to lose a flip-flop and flash most of the crowd that had gathered to watch. Tres embarassing, and all whilst I screamed the way round. Maturity at its epitome..
Monday, 28 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment