Search This Blog

Monday, 21 July 2008

Why me??

I don't quite understand why people come into the boutique and ask whether we have a wrap or something to match their dress. I say we have none. They then proceed to whip out their purchases and parade them. What am I supposed to do about that? So I coo over their purchases and apologise for having no jacket that matches the exact pattering of their dress or shoes or scarf. Geez.
One of the most random times was when a women came into the shop with a dress that she'd bought in *another* shop and asked for *my* advice on why the ruching wasn't lying flat. I told her I have no expertise in the area - I just sell the dresses. Occasionally I make witty remarks and small-talk. I do not mend, patch, darn or advise about garments. When it became clear that I was of no help, the customer decided to track down my manager of her own accord and show her the ruching. Strange. I'd understand if she'd bought the dress from the shop, but bringing a random dress from a random shop in and asking a teenagers advice about it...? Don't think so.

No comments: