You know those nights where you cannot sleep, nor can you get even the slightest bit comfortable? Thus, you end up shuffling and swearing, sweating and throwing the duvet around, punching pillows and crying. I had one of those nights last night. Admittedly, it was my own fault. I spend the day in my pjs, watched 11 hours of television (I kid you not) and drank approximately 2 litres of diet coke. My body basically told me to get lost when I tried to go to sleep.
That's why I slept in this morning. That, and my stupid technological phone is a numpty. My alarm clock hasn't been too well lately, and because I now don't trust my alarm clock, I've been using my phone alarm. Which didn't go off. So I don't trust anything which claims to be an alarm anymore.
When I woke up at 10.30am, I thought my alarm clock was joking. Then I thought my phone was joking. Then I panicked, phoned my boss, begged for mercy, and got a stand-in until I got myself there. I basically threw myself in the shower, squeezed some shampoo on my hair, rinsed it as fast as possible and jumped out of the shower. No shower gel, no exfoliator, no shaving. Just shampoo. Then I ran into my room, dripped water over my phone and laptop, cursed at the fact that my phone's touchscreen wasn't working and roughly towelled off. Then I grabbed a dress from the cupboard, pulled on some tights, combed my sodden mess of hair into a normal style and ran around the house. I threw a biscuit at the dog, threw a cereal bar into my bag, grabbed my purse and change for the bus and legged it. Yes, the bus. I don't even have the car this week, as my brother has gone camping and decided he needed it. Fair enough, really. So I legged it down to the bus, where the bus driver was outside having a chin-waggle with an old friend of his. I was waved onto the bus, where I sat fidgeting whilst the driver finished his conversation ten minutes later. I really dislike getting the bus in the morning, which is why I normally drive to Uni. Every single stop has a gaggle of pensioners waiting to get on, and then they only travel for 2 stops at the most and get off. WALK, DAMMIT! They just clog up the bus system.
So I finally got to work, sweating, hair wet, no makeup, and had a cup of tea with my stand-in.
I now have to go and choose a new alarm clock. I would try new batteries in my old alarm clock, but I really just don't trust it anymore. It's sad, not trusting small electrical appliances. I'll miss being woken by the radio. Pros and cons, though. You can either get woken by a nice flute orchestra playing mellow and happy music, or you'll get something loud with drums which is guaranteed to put anyone into a bad mood in the morning.
So I have a day of fun planned with my best friend tomorrow, and as she spends her wages on CDs and beer, we have to restrict ourselves to only cheap fun. I've got a few things up my sleeve, depending on how much fun she wants to have, but she's already let me know that we're going to a gig in the evening, which is nice. She's arranging a poetry reading evening for sometime in the unforeseen future and has requested that I am in the line-up. Very exciting.
Wednesday, 30 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment