Search This Blog

Saturday, 14 June 2008

Relapse.

Okay, so I've had a slight relapse. I try not to buy as many of the dresses as I would like to purely because I don't have the funds available. But, seeing as I have quite a few functions this year, I've been keeping my eye open and my options wide in case something arrived that caught my fancy. So now I have two dresses hanging limply in the cupboard, waiting to spring to life once put on. Oh so beautiful, they are.

But enough about moi. The past few days have passed by peacefully and uneventfully. I wasn't working Thursday or Friday, hence the lack of posting, but I'm back today. On one of the days I was off, we recieved a dress that had been awol for about five months now. It was worn in a fashion show, but unfortunately somewhere along the line drink was spilled down it, and we left it in the group's capable hands to get it dry cleaned and returned. Took them a while and a few phone calls, but at least we got it back in the end.

I went on a trapse around the city with a friend doing some shopping-related errands, and I went to check out the vintage boutique that I'd been recommended by the owner. Cute little place - lots of stock in one area, and really nice pieces. Quite pricey, although I expect to go back and have a proper rummage. On a completely separate but quite related note, I was in the pharmacy looking for my usual £1 tube of tinted moisturiser. I asked a nearby saleswoman for her assistance at pointing out said tube because my eyes couldn't spot them anywhere. I was then led to the Dior counter, where a woman sat me down in a director's chair, took off my makeup, and covered me in the most expensive tinted moisturiser in the shop. Not only that, but she then re-did my makeup. I was completely sold. Now, I'm not one for expensive splurges, especially on things that come in a tube, but she made me feel so unbelievably good, I couldn't say no. Admittedly, she did put a trifle too much on, but that's the look, I suppose. You know the type of person who wears a *lot* of makeup, along with bleached extensions in their hair, acrylic nails, fake tan and a non-existent skirt? That's what I'd need to become to be able to pull off the amount of makeup I was wearing, but hey, I loved it.

No comments: