Aaah the crisp freshness of the first blog on the page. Bliss. So I'm sitting alone in my place of work, reflecting upon things. It's been quite a dull day, to be honest, with the exception of a few "colourful" customers who piqued my interest, one of whom I'm still confused about. She asked about the price of a handbag, I told her, and twenty-five minutes later, she was still telling me about her weaving of the Madonna and Child, and something about a fishing boat crash. I am still very uncertain of how it happened. I know that nobody mentioned weaving, the Madonna or anything about fish, so she must have just leapt on it independently.
People like that confuse me thoroughly.
Then there was the customer who has now successfully phoned the shop four times, each of which she has wandered out of reception and lost the connection. It was a bit of a cycle. Phone, hang up, ten minute pause, phone, hang up, pause...etc. Odd.
So, it's the end of another day, and it's been incredibly dull. I've spent most of my day trying to get hold of the DVLA, who don't answer phones and have a camp Welshman every so often telling me that they are aware that I have phoned, and are trying to connect me. Great. At least they knew I phoned! I wonder if they know that I waited for over five minutes and gave up. So I tried online, but at the end of the form which I spent about ten minutes filling out, a page appeared telling me that I could go no further, but that I had to phone their sales team. I resolved that I would do no such thing. Monsters. Why have a form if they were just going to make you phone anyway?
My night tonight consists of The Apprentice, and a large family bag of Doritos. Classy, I know, but you can't whack a bit of cheese with The Apprentice. Although tonight is the interview show, so I'm looking forward to seeing what a bunch of liars they all are. There is nothing purer and more entertaining than seeing their characters being ripped to shreds by men in suits.
Wednesday, 4 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment